This is the TOM Archived News Page. Old news has been edited
to at least make all the links on this page point to an
existing page. For current news, see the main page.
- Mon Jan 31 2000
- VIM is the first editor to have a TOM mode, by
Joost Yervante Damad.
- Sat Jan 1 2000
- Happy hacking! Now with guidance by the TOM Bug Database
maintained by Bruce.
- Sun Oct 31 1999
- Feature: On the Flexibility of Programming
Languages (4k words) (abstract).
- Tue Oct 19 1999
- Released gp 0.5, mu 1.0, and
- Sun Oct 17 1999
- Added the TOM Programming Language Frequently Asked
- Fri Oct 15 1999
- Released TOM version 1.1.1.
- Thu Oct 7 1999
- Another TOM sighting: an article in the Bits & Chips
technology news letter (in Dutch, translation).
- Sat Oct 2 1999
- Released TOM version 1.1.
- Thu Sep 23 1999
- TOM sighting in the Eindhoven University
of Technology weekly, Cursor: Een
soort van tijger en een nieuwe programmeertaal (in Dutch).
- Wed Sep 22 1999
- Added TOM blocks in Tesla, with interesting
- Sat Aug 21 1999
- Now available: anonymous CVS access to
- Mon Aug 9 1999
- A binary package of TOM on
FreeBSD is now available here.
- Thu Jul 15 1999
- Due to popular demand, I've gone through the effort of putting the TOM mailing-list archive on-line. It
appeared to not be any effort at all, thanks to MHonArc.
- Sun Jun 6 1999
- Released TOM version 1.0.
- Tue Jun 1 1999
- Added a TOM publication: the Ph.D. thesis of Pieter Schoenmakers, entitled
Supporting the Evolution of Software.
- Fri Apr 30 1999
- Added a TOM/Gtk News page.
- Mon Mar 1 1999
- Added a TOM Tasks page, and revampled the
home page menu.
- Thu Feb 18 1999
- TOM/Gtk has been updated to Gtk+ 1.1.15 and
Gnome 0.99.8. Some bindings will however still be missing. Bring
out your patches!
- Sat Jan 16 1999
- I sure like proof of concepts that can be done in one night. Here is
one for the Apache TOM Module (mod_TOM, tentatively known as ATM).
Description and tar file.